JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Friday, February 25, 2005

This is my Desire

I am sitting here at work with most of my work all done. I have been listening to Jeremy Camp Restored (great CD!) One song keeps playing over and over in my head. 'My Desire' talks about how you don't want to live this life as a phoney or a fake but that your will should be to live your life for the Glory of God. This is also my desire, to be used by God for His glory. I feel so strongly that going to Africa is what God wants of me. I also know that going may costs me many things, including my life. I gladly give them up to the Lord, who has given me more than I could ever pay back. My heart aches to do His will and glorify Him. So many tims I fail and everytime I do God is right beside me, leading me and always loving me. I don't want to be a fly-by-night Christian. I want evey part of my life to be about Glorifing my Father, the King! I want God to use me and I want to give my life fully to Him. It's so hard sometimes because I can be so selfish and want only what I want. But I will not give up. James 1:2-4 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." God will never fail me or you. It is my desire to be used by Him for His glory.

You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the king

You want to be whole, you want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind

You want to be set free today
Then lay it all down before the king

This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by you

You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
And I know my heart is to feel you near
And I know my life
It's to do your will
It's to do your will

All my life I have seen
Where you've take me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen

There's not much I can do to repay all you've done
So I give my hands to use

-Jeremy Camp

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home