JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Banter is great!

Can I just say how much I enjoyed reading my comments about yesterdays blog! I think I laughed out loud on more than a few occasions. Ed I am glad you are reading my blog I will definitly be checking out your. A reminder that comments are welcome from everyone...even people I do not know. You are all welcome to share your comments.

So not too much new to say since yesterday. Today we are going to a women's shelter type thing. I taught sunday school at the same place this past sunday so I hope I will get to see some of the same kids again. They are so precious.

My bites are increasing. And they are starting to itch. I have been taking my Vit B since I got here and I never wear perfume or stuff. I guess the next thing would be a mosquitoe net.

I still dislike Speedos...just my stand on things and I realize to that culture often dictates what people wear.

I hear also that Sudbury and the Sault got some snow...It's beautiful here and you'll be happy to know that my tan is starting to come along:)

I do have some things you could pray about. Evelyn is the woman I am living with, and her children Deborah(15) and Daniel(13). They are amzing people with a hug heart for God. Several years ago someone broke into their home and killed their husband and father. They have all been affected by this terrible event and as Evelyn's other daughter Diana's wedding is approaching, stress is increasing. Because she is marry a muslim it makes things even harder. Please keep them in your prayers as they are all struggling right now.

My purpose driven life is going well and I am sticking to it...Angie I am sure I will actually finish this book;)

On thursday night I will be getting a phone call for something...hahaha wow my information astounds me! It Windows on the World??? I am excited to get a call. And I can't wait to talk to people and answer their questions. It's supposed to be about 10 minutes but I am kinda hoping it's longer. So for everyone who was rushing to call me on thursday night, perhaps it might be a bad time. I am accepting all other calls at any other time though:)
Alrighty I am off. Until we met again stay safe and focus on God.
Peace and love,
Erin

p.s. for those of you doing the bath challenge I commend you, you are doing a great job. For those of you who aren't...shame on you! Actually if I had the chance I would be showering right now too!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    Erin: Rawnda? Besides a plane and vehicular transport, what brought you to Rowanda? It is great that you're there, and that you're doing a job for God, but just wondered.

    Mosquito netting would certainly be a good idea, you may also look for some calimine lotion if you haven't already.

    I understand the concern the family that you are staying with have in that the daughter is marrying a Muslem. That can be a very dicy situatuion. We in Canada don't really understand the Islamic mind set and how patriarcle this religious culture is.

    It is interesting that I stubbled across your blog, but then the workings of God are interesting in the first place.

    As a swim team coach, I can understand why kids are excititng to be with. Teaching Sunday School and being with these children is awsome. To be with youth and share in their challenges no matter how different the cultures is something that is sweet and exciting.

    I know many of my blogs are political, but I hope you venture into some of the others. I have a habit of being lengthy sometimes. There is one on Pelagius that you might find sort of interesting.

    Take care and God bless.

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    sigh...so ya, just got outta the shower and decided to come down here to check out the blog. the stupid hot water, was burning me today though. haha, ok, im cruel. but really. just push the dirtiness outta your mind, i mean at galilean you musta been pretty dirty some weeks.
    anyway, i am jealous about one thing...the weather you're getting. it's true...we got some serious snow on the wkend. disgusting i tell you d-i-s-g-u....haha, well you get the point 'aceronie'.
    anywhoo...gotta get going..
    miss ya, love ya,

    vaness

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Steph Lang said...

    Hey Erin! I miss you, 16 more days and I'll be in the same timezone as you! (or at least pretty close) How fun is that? I'll be thinking and praying for you, I wish you could meet me at the edge of the Meditteranean, lol....c'mon...go half way! haha, jk. I don't think the captain of the ship, or the other vacationers would appreciate the detour! But the point is, I'll be on the same end of the world as you, closer than Canada! lol. I'm so excited for you and proud of you and your courage! You're such an encouragement to me, you, Vaness, Meliss...all you girls that go out of your way to serve God! You are all so faithful to His call and it's so amazing to see how you guys serve Him in such big ways, AFRICA, TAIWAN! GPS SMALLGROUPS! (hehehe) Now, that's BIG..,keep loving the Lord the way you do! He's got BIG plans for you and I know they'll be GREAT!

    I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
    Steph Lang

    P.S. How you doing with those suckers? Did you beat Vaness in the challenge?

    P.S. #2: I'll be calling you in the next week! I got to buy two phone cards, one for a phone call to Rwanda, one for a phone call to Taiwan...I've been meaning to do that! lol

    P.S. #3: Jesus LOVES you!

     
  • At 9:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sperin,....
    Best of luck with the completion of the Purpose Driven Life,....we do know you can use all the luck you can get in order to get through any book from cover to cover. But, do know I'm proud of you and your attempts,....and I know you can do anything you set your mind to,...inluding this task at hand!!! I love you lots, and miss you tons! Love, Angie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home