JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Phone calls ROCK MY WORLD!!!!

Well 2 VERY special people get VERY special mentions. A Miss Vanessa Jakola called me on monday night, man it was SOOOOOO good to talk to her! The connection wasn't great but it was awesome to hear Vanessa voice again. Thank you so much Van!!!
And then last night (at 4:00am..lol) Miss Angie Brohart called me. Talking with those 2 was awesome and a huge encouragement to me. Vanessa and Angie, you have no idea how much that meant to me!!! Thank you!!!
By the way any call at any time (even 4am) is coolio!

Ok so where to start, man I know it's been a long time and there is so much to talk about. Well the team was here for 2 weeks and what an amazing group of people. I had a hard time when they left. I may or may not have teared up....
Anyways well with the team here we were so busy so I can only share a few of the things that we were able to do.
Last wednesday we went to the game park. We didn't see Lion's and only saw Elephants from across a lake but we saw most of your typical african animals:) The coolest part of the day was when the land rover got stuck in mud and we got out of the rover and walked around barefoot. We were in the giraffe area and were able to walk within about 50m of the giraffes!!! It was so COOL! Like seriously wicked awesome fun! I was LOV'N it!!! Good times at the game park!

I went to church with the team and it was very interesting as the speaker spoke french, someone translated into Kinrwandan, then my translator translated to english. I got "holy spirit" and "water" out of it...hahaha. I noticed that after a while she just stopped talking, and would say about 10 words every 10 mins. Hahaha, oh well. It was still fun.

We went to Evelyn's oldest daughter, Diana's Gusaba. Its the bartering for the bride type thing. At first it was a little, mmm, slow, but then they had these really cool african dancers and singers and man was it awesome. I got some video, so don't worry you'll be forced to watch it.

So since the team has been gone have been getting into the swing of things. I taugh sunday school on sunday. Wanna know whats hard...trying to figure out what to do with kids aged 3-13, for 4 hours, with little to no-equipment!!! Of all my ministries I think this is the hardest. It is really important though.

The nursery school kids...oh my...talk about cute, I will be bringing home some cute videos of them. I walked home today with literally 4 kids on each arm. And yesterday after I left the kids from my school some other kids from another school started walking with me, before I knew it I have 2 little hands in mine. I saw them again today walking home. Its so great to connect with people outside of my ministries, especially kids.

Has anyone heard of westlife? If you haven't don't go out and by their CD. They are huge here. I'd say they are a mix between the backstreet boy and new kids on the block. In a word...BRUTAL. Why do I bring this up you ask...well at a friends house we had to listen not only to the whole music video DVD but one song (Queen of my Heart)...shudder...

Well I am getting tired of typing and I apologise for this brutal blog, it's hard when you have so much to say. I will start being more faithful to my readers again. Thank you again so much for your love and support. Your prayers are felt and appreciated.
With much love,
Erin
p.s. mom can you email me that osap stuff...thanks.

More Than Conquerors
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~Romans 8:28-39

3 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    Well Erin: good to see that you're having a great time with the kids. There is such a vast age diffrence that you deal with, 3-13, that's a large span for age group activities. Good luck in completing this task, but from all the other information you have posted, I have no doubt that you can handle it.

    Yes music from one culture to another and from one generation to another and from one kind to another can be very challenging in deed. You have to grin and bare it when others play it, but when the opportunity comes, you can explain why you like or dislike something with the kindness and conviction of Christ our Lord.

    It was neet to read about the little children walking with you. That is so awsome. The kids must really love you and have told their friends about you as well. That is so good.

    Well take care and catch you on another week.

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sperin,

    As I promised you I have read some of your blog entries (not everyone but alot) they are awsome. Just reading what you have done and/or seen makes me so proud of you and a bit jeolous as well (seeing african animals). Along with the good sights you also wrote about the not so pleasant sights, I couldn't imagine that nor do I really want to. Recently I watched "Hotel Rwanda", during the whole movie I was thinking about you and many of the things you would see.
    Hope that your taking many pics as I will want to see them when you get back.


    cody

     
  • At 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home