JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Teacha Erin

Well that's kind of a stretch. I have been noticing that no one can say my name!!! Seriously the close to Erin is Elrin. I have got Ellen, Hellen, Irene...everything but. But that's part of the language barrier here. "er" and "th" are not used together in their language and so words with those combinations are very difficult to say.

Ok so yes teacher Erin. I had my first day at the nursery school yesterday and second day today. Can I tell yoiu that I was literally maulled! Seriously the kids were all over me. Touching my skin to see if the colour came off, touching my hair, my clothes, everything. Haha. I was lov'n all the lov'n.
I taugh the children a few song (anyone got good song ideas or games let me know). I was sitting in one of the classes today and all of a sudden started thinking about my friend J.P. from Cambrian. We did a placement together in Mrs. Jakola's class and he was so amazing with the kids there. I thought of how awesome he would be there.
The kids are so cuddly and cute and funny...oh my goodness I crack up when they get into their little giggle fits. hahaha

This afternoon was my first experience teaching English and if I do say so myself, I rocked! Haha ok maybe I won't be getting a "world's greatest teacher" award, but I am definitly confident in my teaching abilities. Althought todays class only had about 15, and tomorrows will have about 50..to start.

The team is probably flying out of Germany right now and arriving in Ethiopia tonight and then Kigali at 4 tomorrow. I am teaching till 4 so I won't be able to met them but I am so looking forward to having them, and learning from them. I will go with them to stay at the light house resort which is good cause we haven't had water the past few days. Which sucks more than not having Electricty. I am hoping to have my stuff all 'moved in' in the morning and then I will head to Marion's to teach english and met up with the team after. I am really excited to meet them all.

Ok while I am writing this blog the city is going insane, horns, sirens, screaming, yelling, chaos! At first I was like 'oh my, we're at war' but then I remember that there was a football game (soccer) and by the sounds of it Kigali's team won! Sweet chicken!!! It sounds like the Leafs won't he stanley cup

Alrighty I think I will go, Vanessa you gotta tell me about this job! I wanna here all about it.
Keep up the comments, so far Ed is in first place.
Love and Blessings
Erin

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippeans 4:12-13

4 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    Home is where there heart is, and it appears that your home has been and is with these people. The love you express not just for the children, but for the people, has come through in your postings. It is an inspiration to read.

    People are greatful when someone comes from afar to help them and to teach them. Teach them to help themselves so that they too can move ahead.

    You have found the simple things there to help you which is awsome. Children are a source of inspiration and I can see that they have been just that with you. Take care of them and love them for they will be your greatest treasures. They will not forget you even after you finish your term there.

    Teaching is the best way to give of yourself so that others can learn. Teaching is like sharing a part of you, and giving it freely without hesitation. When recieved the reciever is not just glad to have recieved part of you, but they are appreciative having had the honour of being with you and you with them.

    You are genuine, as kids can tell when someone isn't. The way you have described your relation to the kids, they know that you are genuine and they will love you for it.

    Keep up the good work.

    Philipians 4:8

    See you next week

    Ed

     
  • At 6:06 PM , Anonymous aunt Lori said...

    Sounds great Erin. I 'm sure Aunt Eunice can relate .. I seem to recall your uncle kip coming out with a few doozers where her skin colour is concerned. That's great that you are there and real to them. It must seem kinda strange being so "available" but what a great thing for those precious little kids. They are very blessed to get to spend time in your love!

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HEllo from the V's.

    Although we haven't posted often, know that in our hectic life with seven you are not forgoten (2nd). We pray for you daily, including the kids. Aiden and Israel often make a special addition to there evening bed time prayer to remember there sister in Africa.

    We are all recovering from a sinus cold. We just returned from Southern Ontario where Kelly and I had the opportunity to go to a homeschool conference. It was a great encouragement for both of us to keep on with teaching our boys and giving them a higher than average education at the same time.

    It is great to hear of all the exciting times you are having. The kids often come over to see what you wrote as well. We love you lots and will continue to pray for you as you stretch and grow in the Lord.

    We have noticed, by the way, that you have been using verses that we memorized together. We have just finished Prov. 3:1-18. Not sure were we will go next, but I think it will be in the NT.

    Everyone says hi and big hugs from all of us seven.

    steven

     
  • At 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Erin, it's been a while. I'm sure that you probably think that I haven't been checking up on you but I have. I'm really glad to hear that things are going so well for you over there. Sounds like you're going though some of the same things I went through in Korea, except maybe a little bit more intense. I would of posted earlier but I didn't realize that I could until just now. Now don't think that I'll be catching up to your buddy Ed here but i'll try and post something for you every so often just so you know I haven't forgot about you. Reading your blogs is making me want to come and visit you, sounds like an amazing experience and I'm jealous I don't get to be a part of it haha. Anyways i should get going here but know that I'm doing great, can't wait to hear more about what's going on there, God bless.

    chris

    I just realized you probably read through this whole thing wondering who the heck is this, ya it's your saskatchewan friend that you'll have to come visit when you get back, or maybe i'll come visit you haha, ok talk to you soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home