JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Drive-Bys

Wow, nothing like a little guilt to get the comments going:)

So you're thinking I joined a gang...and I'm into drive-by shootings. Well no I'm not, so don't worry. But Jen and I have been doing some drive-bys. After the Vivant street kids there were quite a few extra clothes, especially for toddlers and babies. Jen and I went through the clothes, sorting into different sizes for boys and girls. We put little outfits into bags and loaded up the car. We then drive around looking for street woman with babies. When we see one Jen stops and I jump out give them a bag of clothes and jump back into the car again. It's so awesome! Seeing their faces when they look into the bag is...yeah...awesome!

And the picture...sorry bout that. OK so the team was here in May and that's a pic from the Refugee camp. From L-R kneeling Andrea and Josh (sorry T, they are married)
Standing Tillie, Me, Susanna, Jane and Cathy. Jane's husband (and Andrea's father) Marvin is the guy in the back. The rest of the people are refugees from Congo.

I just want to thank you all so much for your words of encouragement, emails, comments, letters, phone calls and most importantly prayers. I can not express to you how my they and more importantly you mean to me! You are a tremendous encouragement to me and I can't thank you enough. May God bless you for your kindness.
With my love and appreciation,
Erin