JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Feeling better - thanks for the prayers

Well that you all so much for your prayers and encouragement.

Malaria is a problem here in Rwanda and that was one of the first things we thought of, but being sick to your stomach is not normally a symptom. And since I am feeling better, well feeling fine I am sure I don't have malaria.
I did end up cancelling my english on friday and spent the afternoon, cuddled up on the couch.

I got a letter the other day from my Grandma, I laughed reading it as I could picture the things she was talking about. I also got another phone call from home. It was such a blessing to talk to my mom, dad and sister Ali. Ali leaves for Germany on monday and since Amy is working on a cruiseship in the Caribean and I am here my mom has all her girls out of the Country!

Jen, Serge and Jules left on friday morning for Burundi. I love hanging out with them. We have a lot of fun!

On friday Jen and I are planning a Canada Day celebration. I went online to look up cool Canadian facts and put them on red and white paper for decorations. If anyone has any cool ideas let me know! Rwanda's independence day is also on July 1, so it's a holiday.

A week from Canada Day, (July 8) we will be joined by Lindsey. Another Canadian girl who is about my age. I am SO excited for her arrival. We will be staying at the lighthouse which is also exciting. I really think that we will hit it off right away.

I finished Shake Hands with the Devil(finally). I think I have read about 400 pages in the last 4 days! Just out of curiousity has anyone been able to see the movie 'Hotel Rwanda'? I would love to hear your thoughts about it. It arrived in Sudbury after I had left but from what I understand it is very good. If you haven't seen it I encourage you to watch. Let me know what you think.

Well I am off for the day. Love and blessings,
Erin

5 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sperin,
    Hey girl glad to hear that your feeling better :) never a good thing when your feeling ill no matter what your up to. Yes, I watched the movie during which the whole time I was thinking about you. The movie doesn't show a lot of killings as compared to most action movies today which was good b/c one doesn't really need to see all that. The hardest thing for me was during one part... they are riding down a bumpy road which in fact isn't bumpy due to road conditions but due to the fact that the road was covered with dead bodies. How they killed people just b/c they where not the right type, how they where not like them. Best part is how the man (forget name) didn't care about that, everyone is/was the same no matter what your back ground was. I would really recommend watching it to anyone.

    better run church starts in 7 minutes

    cody

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Erin,
    I've really enjoyed reading all your blogs from Rwanda. I'm glad things are going well. I was actually in a church in Desbarats this morning and during the sharing time, one guy (I don't know who) was quoting you. He was talking about you serving God through sports in Africa and that you said if you can breathe, you can serve God.
    I'm at GBC right now, I hear you're coming for youth camp. Hope I'll get to see you then!
    Emily

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Isn't Cody soo cute,....ok, that's my own personal opinion, and you don't need to comment on that comment!! :) Just thought I would state the odvious!!!
    Anyways, yes the movie was touching!! My dad and I watched it together and at one point I remember looking over at him as tears were streaming down his face. At that point I also lost it, but we won't go into that,....I'm about as big of a sap as you are!!! K,..do know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya!! Angie
    PS,...any sign of a care package yet?!?!

     
  • At 5:25 AM , Anonymous Theresa said...

    Erin --

    I also saw 'Hotel Rwanda'. I think it did a really good job of letting us know about the slaughter of the Rwandese/Rwandan (?) people, without going completely overboard with showing all the gore. We will never completely understand what those people experienced, but this movie may have scratched the surface...and knowing that we sat around and did nothing is embarrassing.

    I am praying for you as you continue to work and encourage these people. I'm sure for all the good you are seeing from your actions, there is 10x more that you are not seeing...even here in Canada. You continue to encourage me with every blog, and I wait with anticipation for the next one.

    ~T

     
  • At 2:23 PM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    Erin: glad to read that you're feeling better. That's good to know.

    Well I completed my level 2 coaching tech part, now to finish the rest of it so that as a swim coach I can jump tall gutters of pools and walk along the bulk heads of 50 meter pools. Anyways, it was so hot in Brantford I wondered how you were doing in the heat of Rwanda.

    Well time for me to head back to the park. You keep up the good work Erin. You're a special person to all who read your blogs.

    Happy Canada day, and God bless

    Ed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home