JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I'm famous?

I have been thinking who this mysterious person could be that was talking about me in
Desbrates. I'm racking my brain and have only come up with 2 people I could think of. Hey mystery person I am flattered...who are you?:)

Things have been going well here in Kigali. Yesterday Jen, Serge and Jules, came home from Burundi and we headed over to Jules for a 'games night'. While not as malicious and vindictive as a Jakola games' night, there were no friends at the UNO table. I LOVE that so much. The best part of games is the trash talk. I felt so awesome being able to be myself. It brought me back to Sudbury, playing settler's or pictionary, at the Jakola's. What I wouldn't give for a little Hoopla action right now...NADIA!

It's hot in Kigali, althought I hear it's hot back in Canada. The thing here is that the woman don't wear shorts...which means I don't wear shorts...which quite frankly sucks! haha.
I wouldn't consider myself a sweaty person by any means. And I've know some sweaty people...volleyball...Nunu, Bro, Stephen. I must say that the disgustingness of my sweatiness here comes very close to the 3 people mentioned. I sit of the bus I get off and I feel like I just got out of a lake. I am gross. Somedays I think I will never really be clean here. And the feet..umm lets' not go there!

My tuesday/thursday english class is going SO well. Man they have learnt so much it's awesome. They have memorized AND understood what I have taught them and that is so important to me. To often I meet people who speak to me in english and don't have a clue what they are saying. So I am so pleased that they actually comprehend what they are saying.

Lindsey arrives in 9 days. Man, you have no idea how excited I am for her to some!!! I really think we will hit it off!

Well I should be off. Let me once agian thank all of you for your INCREDIBLE support of me while I have been here. Your emails and comments are a daily reminder of the love I have back home in Canada. You are more of a blessing to me and the people of Rwanda then you know.

With much Love,
Erin

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
~1 Thessalonians 5:11

4 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM , Anonymous tammy said...

    Hi Erin,
    Sorry I haven't sent you a messge sooner! You sound like you are having a lifetime of amazing experiences during your time in Rwanda. You are a very special person to be there and I'm sure everyone around you already know that about you. I hope you are well and safe during your time there. Nana would be braggin' about you if she were still here, but I know she's probably watching over you all the time!
    Roger, Tyler and Spencer say HI and they can't wait to see you again. Your Mom said you left out of Elmira, is it? We live in Kitchener and can see you if you come back this way before heading home.
    Lots of Love, take care Erin
    Tammy xoxo

     
  • At 6:13 PM , Anonymous Sue :) said...

    Hi Erin!
    I just wanted to wish you a happy early Canada day! Jeff and Mandy and the kids are here this weekend so it's sure to be busy busy! I'll think of you tomorrow as a very proud Canadian very proud of Canadians like you!!!

     
  • At 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Erin
    Just wanna say - Happy Canada Day in Rwanda - I am celebrating it in Mexico and our little sister celebrating in Germany!!!! Representing all over the world!
    Amy

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    best regards, nice info »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home