JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Long time no blog...sorry

Hello all my faithful readers.
So I haven't been able to blog lately because of life and stuff. So I will try to update you on the past few days.

My walk home from school is amazing and each day the people I walk by get bolder and bolder. They smile, wave and say hello. It is so incredible for me. Being acknowledged here is awesome. I wonder why I get to experience this amazing thing? God is so awesome!

My walk to the woman's association is great as well. Tuesday I was listening to Jeremy Camp and walked with a perma-grin the whole way. The mothers of the children that I stopped to see last week, saw me and yelled "Muzunga" and waved and smiled. In a world that is full of hate and mistrust all it takes is for someone to show a little love to change things. My challenge to you this week is to be that person who steps ups and steps out!

It has become quite hot in Kigali and with the heat comes the dust. When I 'shower' oh man it's nasty, the water is brown!!! Seriously SICK! Sometimes I think I will never be clean again...and the feet..D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G (Vanessa).

On friday I headed to a local cafe to go over my notes before teaching. I met a guy there named Christopher. He's from Sweden and quite funny. It was so nice to sit and chat with someone! I was so relaxed.

Teaching English at the woman's association ROCKS! They are learning so much and I am so proud of them. We laugh all the time. They love my jokes...but then again who doesn't!

Evelyn and the kids have left for Kenya. Diana (her oldest daughter) is getting married there. You may remember that it was here gusoba we went to.

Daniel borrow the movie "Remember the Titans" from a friend and we both LOVE that movie. We have watched it at least 6 or 7 times. I love that movie. I think it's my favourite movie ever.

So I think I may have told a few of you that I would be home on August 7th....I lied. I am actually leaving on August 3rd and arriving in Canada August 4th(the best day of the year) at 1:30pm. Because I travel through 6 times zones on the 4th I will have a 30 hour birthday.

Well still have many emails to write. I have been trying to get pictures up but it's not working...grrr. I'll keep trying. By the way Kelly I LOVE the pics you sent me. Rhuen is HUGE!!!! I hope he doesn't forget me! Give all those boys a big hug from me!

Thank you again everyone for your continued prayers. You all mean so much to me and words can't express how blessed I am to have you in my life!

Love and Blessings
Erin

"He must become greater and greater and I must become less and less"
~John 3:30

4 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ok first of all, i just want to make it clear to all the readers that the "D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G (Vanessa)" does not refer to the state of my feet...it does however refer to my emphasis of disgusting...that is, one time i was so disgusted that i spelled it out...it was quite hilarous.
    i digress...
    so erin...even people in different cultures laugh at your jokes eh. im glad someone's benefitting from your wit. *sigh*, erin we all miss you tons!! especially me!
    keep on blogging, and i'll see you soon!!

    love,

    *nadia* teehee

     
  • At 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Erin!!!!
    Wow! Sounds like you are having an awesome time! Small groups just ended, and we were all thinking of you! Everyone really misses you and can't wait for you to come back!
    Ness told us about how one of your blogs talked about the genocide. That sounds aweful. We watched hotel Rwanda in World Issues class, and as I saw all the horrible things, I just couldn't believe that you were over there too! I hope you are doing okay with that... I can't even imagine what it is like!
    Well, I'm really excited to see you again in the fall! I can't wait to hear more about what it is like being a teacher in another counntry, I think I would like to do that sometime, too! Right on! Keep up the good work!
    Miss you!
    April

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    Erin: It is so good to hear of your adventures. You have made a difference in the lives of so many people that you may not even be aware of.

    Children open many doors for the adult world, and it does not matter what the culture is. You have shown love to their precious ones and they respect you for it.

    The women learning English respect you as well and no doubt have told their friends about you. You are having an impact on many people.

    It is amazing what a smile, love, and compassion will do in the world of these people that have gone through so much.

    I am glad and honoured that I have had the opportunity to stumble upon your blog.

    God is love, and God is mercy, and we his followers are to be examples of that love and mercy.

    Thank you Erin for you blogs.

    God bless you and keep you.

     
  • At 2:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is very interesting site... film editing schools

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home