JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Monday, June 06, 2005

Rwanda vs. Nigeria

Hello my wonderful friends and how are you today? I pray things are well at home. I had a pretty good weekend. Friday we went to Jules' who has been sick to hangout with him.
Saturday I relaxed. It was good.
Yesterday I taught Sunday school for 4 HOURS!!! Actually it was about 4 and a half hours! I find that filling those hours is a challenge. There are about 100 children and their ages are from 3-13. I have little equipment and yeah it's a challenge! But they are so cute! I am working on getting some pictures up asap.
After church on sunday we went to Jules again for lunch and to watch the big football (soccer) game. Rwanda vs. Nigeria. Nigeria is the number one team in Africa. Rwanda played awesome and definitly was the better playing team but a late goal tied it up and the final score was 1-1. It was so fun to hang out and watch sports together with Serge, Jules, Alfonze, Jen and myself.
After the game was over we were going to watch a movie(Speed) but the power went out. This turn out to be a blessing as we were able to spend time talking. For me this was awesome because it is the first time I felt comfortable enough here to talk about the more 'deeper' topics. WE talked about marriage and family and the future and all kinds of things. It was a huge blessing for me and it was great to hear some of their thoughts. So since questions spark the most response to the blog I thought I would ask one.... What do you think the future holds for Erin?

Ok well I am off for the day.
Blessings my friends,
Erin

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " ~Jeremiah 29:11

6 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Erin,
    As my sister I know what you want-lots of babies!! Being selfish, I think it would be really great if we ended up sorta near each other in the future, and by that I mean not on seperate continents!!!! Being away from our family, as I'm sure you've discovered, really makes me appreciate how blessed we are to have those people who care so much about us.

    P.S. I think you should incorporate your infamous stick drawings into your Sunday school teachings...give the kids a good laugh.

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think your future includes: a little hoopla action, settlers, and a loooooong chat with the vster.

    love ya

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    your future is what you and God have decided together it will be. Erin, you definately have a gift, no, you have a number of gifts. Be open to all of them and use them the best you can. Never be afraid to try a new gift for when we achieve new gifts, we also achieve the blessings of God.

    God has given you much, and you are learning the art of giving much in return. One of my professors told us; "be that small voice in the wilderness, through which God can do great and wonderful things."

    You are developing gifts all the time, just dealing with children 3-13, and as many as you deal with. That is a gift developing school for sure.

    When you return, you will have more than what you left with. God bless.

     
  • At 10:55 PM , Blogger Asylum said...

    You will have hair..not sure how long.

     
  • At 1:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great site »

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home