JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Friday, June 24, 2005

Sick!

It's gotten cooler in Kigali. Which is such a huge blessings. The past week it has been very nice here. I do hope that it will rain sometimes. The dust is becoming more and more disgusting. The school yard playground is a haze of redish brown. I wondering how the dust in their lungs effects their health.

Speaking of health, I, haven't been feeling so well and spent some of wednesday night with my head next to the toilet. I am still feeling like crap and am thinking about cancelling todays english class. I ache all over and I just want to sleep. Although I am feeling much better than yesterday I still am not feeling all that well.

Since I stayed home yesterday I had time to read more of "Shake Hands with the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda". Genocide happened just 11 years ago. It is wonderful that the country is growing and moving on, but it is impossible to forget the horrific events of 1994. Having come to know a few Rwandans who were soldiers in the RPF, and others who have lost family and friends, the book has become more personnal for me. As I sat on the bus today looking at the beautiful green hills of Rwanda, I could picture them red with blood. The staggering amount of bodies lying on the side of the road is overwhelming. Perhaps it is because I am sick today but I am having a 'down day'.

I pray all is well at home.
I miss you and I love you all,
Erin

3 Comments:

  • At 6:26 AM , Anonymous Theresa said...

    Erin --

    Is Rwanda an area where Malaria is something you have to worry about? Your symptoms sound a bit like malaria. And if you are taking anti-malaria meds, they dont PREVENT malaria, so much as lessen the symptoms.

    Praying that you will feel better soon.

    ~Theresa

     
  • At 10:26 AM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    Erin: don't forget to look after yourself. All the best and I hope you get well soon.

    The kids and women at the center will miss you for sure. You've been an inspiration to them, I have no doubt about that.

     
  • At 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Sis,

    Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. My boys and I will pray extra hard for you. At least you have warmth, Steven is up on Victoria Island and he said it was only 2 degrees on Wednesday, Brrrrr. You only have a month and bit until you come home. Bet there are some mixed feelings about that one.

    Love and miss you,
    Kelly & the 5

    "Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 2

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home