JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Friday, July 15, 2005

Feel'n hot hot hot!

Hot is perhaps one of the most understated understatement I have even used...stiffling seems to be more accurate. It is so hot here. We haven't had water in a little while which is common during the dry season in most any African country.

Lindsay and I were really feeling the heat on wednesday. We got dropped off at the Canadian Embassy so Lindsay could register here and were planning on walking back to town. At first we didn't think it'd be that bad. After an hour in the hot sun, we thought differently. The thing that made it the most difficult was that it was up hill the whole way. I know I tend to exaggerate but seriously we would see the crest of a hill and be relieved to get to the top only to find yet another hill waiting for us. We literally walked up hill the whole way. 1 hour, intense heat, all up hill...yeah we were tired!

The heat, dust, and feelings of dirtiness are starting to take its toll on me. No worries though tomorrow I am teaching swimming lessons to some friends here, so I will be in the water:) The feeling of having your whole body surrounded by water is one that I truly appreciate. After we go swimming, we are headed to the stadium to hear Rick Warren speak. He is the author of The Purpose Driven Life, and has been doing some work here for the past few days. I am really excited for that, not only because I really liked his book but also because I would love to hear an English preacher.

Last night I heard that beautiful O'Canada ring tone from my phone and was not disappoint with the caller from the other end. Brian Carney, my IT (international teams) contact called andwe had a great chat. It was great to hear from him and talk to him. I think the sound of my phone is my most favourite sound here. The sweet sweet sound of O'Canada!

Lindsay has been here a week now and it has been absolutely wonderful to have her around. She reminds me of my friends back home so much. [Which makes me miss them more:)] She is a super great girl and we have spent so much time laughing together and talking. She has been able to come with me to my different ministries and might even take over a few. I feel so confident in leaving them in her hands. It is such a blessing to have her here. Also staying at the lighthouse has been so great. The staff is so wonderful here and they treat us so well.

Well I am off to do some more emailing. Thank you so much for all of your love and support. It's that love and support that makes it easier to be here but hard to be away from home.
With so much love,
Erin

2 Comments:

  • At 7:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yessss....i got the first comment! sweet chicken! anyway, i too enjoy my entire body being surrounded by water. it's hot here too...obviously not as hot and dusty as rwanda, but relatively speaking, it's hothothot. anywhoo...keep bloggin.

    i misssss you!
    nadia

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Keep up the good work » » »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home