JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!

So Lindsay and I have hit it off smashingly! We are together most of the time which means we are laughing most of the time, a very good thing. This next story was not funny at the time but we have shared a few laughs at the situation....

Sunday after church the Vivant youth were going to the hospital to visit some patients. Linds and I tagged along. After waiting in the church for about an hour we jumped into a stiffling hot bus where we waiting for like 20 minutes. We finally got to the hospital where again you guessed we waited to go in. There were only 2 people who spoke english so Lindsay went with Eric and I with Salange(sp?). So we're in the hospital talking when all of a sudden I felt like I NEEDED to know where Lindsay was. I looked up to see her with Eric. He had a hand on her and a hand on the patient he was visiting. Lindsay then grabbed his arm, I thought it odd since he was in the middle of praying. I watched as she began to lean into him, something was not right! I dropped the stuff I was holding on to the guy's bed in front of me and started to see to head over to Linds. Then she went down, like a ton of bricks. I don't know how but little Eric managed to catch her and lay her safely onto the ground. I ran over and was like 'Lindsay Lindsay don't worry I'm here your ok' etc. We managed to get her outside for some fresh air and she started to slowly recover. Like the red-headed muzunga(white person) didn't stand out already! To make matters worse for the poor girl while we were driving home Jen had to quickly pull over so Lindsay could have another embarassing moment and harf out all of the food she had eaten that day (harf=puke). While she did warn Jen it might happen. She is feeling much better now and since the 'incident' we have laughed many times about.

Speaking of laughing...I have an INCREDIBLE bad and hard to control habit. I tend to laugh at completely inappropriate times. I think it's because I don't know how else to react so I laugh. Like if I am scared it happens. Like with Linds, it wasn't funny and I was scared for her but once we were outside I was laughing. I told her I didn't think it was funny but I couldn't help myself. What a horrible habit. I apologise if I have even laughed when you have been hurting or something like that. I mean no harm.

Well it's hot and dusty again today, like anyother day and my feet are somewhere underneath this dirt. I hopethis email finds you all well.
With much love,
Erin

p.s. You guys ROCK! I love the comments and the emails and all the support you have shown me. You are wonderful and have been an incredible blessing to me!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ok...so i've been thinking...and yes, i do recall you laughing at me during inopportune times. haha...i think i too have this terrible habit.
    ah well!
    keep the laughter flowin is what i always say...or, what i just said one time...one or the other.
    ~'nadia'

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Ed Doerksen said...

    Erin: good to see that you're in good spirits. I enjoyed reading your last two postings.

    Laughter is often a happening when there is nothing else to do or say that can bring solvance to the situation at hand. Yes I too have been caught in a position where laughing was not the appropriate thing to do. People like us who laugh in situations that don't call for laughter often have to end up saying sorry and hope that the other person understands.

    You're still a blessing to many people, so keep laughing and enjoy yourself.

    I have been teaching kids to swim these last few weeks and it has been awesome to watch them progress and gain self confidence. From you other postings, you are watching and feeling the same satisfaction. That's what teaching is all about. To give someone something of yourself so that they can continue in their life's adventure.

    I know I've said it before, but it is worth saying again and again. You will be remembered for what you have been willing to give to the people around you.

    God bless.

     
  • At 5:40 AM , Anonymous Theresa said...

    I don't remember you laughing at me at inappropriate times. I do the same thing though. Laughing is my comfort in a situation where I dont know how to react. It could also be because if something happens to me (embarrassing or whatever), I laugh about it, because it is a coping mechanism...it makes it not seem so bad if you can laugh at yourself.

    I'm back to work after missing 11 days while in Calgary, and my desk is a d-i-s-a-s-t-er!!! Man!! Calgary was good though. Waking up at 8:02 this morning (when I start work at 8:00) was not so great though.

    anyway, have a good final couple weeks there. I am still praying for you...and will continue to pray for you after you come back as you realize how much you miss the Rwandese people.

    ~Theresa

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sperin,...
    It is so great that you have Lindsey to share your experiences with. Even if some of the experiences aren't the "ideal" situation, at least you are able to laugh at them together!!
    Anyways, your time in Rwanda is quickly coming to an end,...can you believe it?!?! I can hardly believe it has been almost 4 months since you said good-bye. K,...I'm counting down the days until you return, cause I miss you so very much!! Love, Angie

     
  • At 6:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

     
  • At 12:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

  • At 7:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is very interesting site... film editing schools

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home