JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Leav'n on a jet plane...actually 3 jet planes

Today is my last day in Rwanda. It's hard to believe that I will be back in Canada so soon. Yesterday was an extremely emotional day for me and even as I sit here recalling the events I am struggling to keep the tears at bay. I had to say goodbye to Serge and Jules yesterday. 2 guys who have become like brothers to me. I cried like a wee baby. Tonight will be yet another crying night as I say goodbye to Evelyn and the kids...bad news...get the kleenex out! Evelyn, Deborah and Daniel have become family for me. I am dreading saying goodbye. Then tomorrow morning I have to say goodbye to Jen and Lindsay. Man the poor person sitting next to me on the plane...I pity the fool!:)
The shining light on the situation is that I am going home to loving friends and family who I know we welcome me with open arms.

So I guess this is it from Rwanda. Hopefully I can blog in Ethiopia during my 12 hour layover. I feel like this is somewhat reserved but I really am at a loss for words. Please pray for me as I travel and as I readjust to life in Canada. I pray you will be patient with me as I try to process all the things I have seen and experienced here.

Please know that every person I have impacted here is someone you have impacted. By the love and support you've shown me, you have touched these people too! God bless you. Stay safe until we met again.

Love, Erin

p.s. sorry bout the confusion Ed...my birthday is on Thursday August 4. Yep travelling on my birthday alone, BUT because of time change it will be a 30 hour long birthday and I arrive home on my birthday too. Don't worry, I will also be accepting late birthday gifts;) LOL.

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

~Zephaniah 3:17

7 Comments:

  • At 6:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Soooo Excited!! We are praying that you will have as good a flight back as you did out. It shouldn't be a big deal now that you are a seasoned veteran!! Is there anything specific you would like when you get back? Chocolate chip cookies, spaghetti, mashed potatoes (hahahah). See you soon.

    Love,
    Kelly & the kids

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger Kristin, Katrina & Nate said...

    Hey Erin! (hahahahahaha....I just typed "Eric" and fixed it! I don't know WHY I do that!!) Hope you have an awesome, awesome trip home and we're looking forward to seeing you!
    love, katrina

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger Jan said...

    Erin, I just found your site and will be reading through to learn more about your experience. My friends have just gone to Kigali as permanent missionaries. I'm sure they would love to know about your experiences, too. If you want to see their blog, it is at www.intorwanda.blogspot.com

    Welcome Home!

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Jim said...

    Erin, it's been cool to hear a little about your trip through your blog. Thanks for sharing! God guide you through your journey in the next few weeks...

     
  • At 5:41 AM , Anonymous Theresa said...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!

    Hope your travels went well and that you will have a good chance to relax upon returning to Canada.

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ERIN!! you're almost home!! i can't wait to see you! im soooo excited!!
    hurry up!

    vaness

     
  • At 3:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's a great story. Waiting for more. film editing schools

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home