JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Monday, August 15, 2005

Roadie 2005

Hello from New Bruinswick!
I am sitting at a public library in St. Stephen, New Bruinswick. We have been travelling through the east states with the intentions of hitting all of the eastern provinces in the next week.
Angie Brohart, my roadtripping partner in crime is joining me along with 2 new friends; Eleana and Tara. So far the trip has been awesome and more details will come, but I do want to leave you with one 'typical Erin' story for your entertainment.

After driving for many hours we all needed to sleep. With no camp grounds in sight we opted to spend the night at a gas station. We parked the truck under the night sky in the back of the gas station parking lot. Tara filled the air mattrice and we climbed into our respective sleeping quarters: Angie in the backseat of the truck, Eleana on some luggage in the cab and Tara and I on the mattrice in the back of the cab. I lay awake for some hours unable to sleep. I had huge paranoia that someone was going to walk away with my big roller suitcase. While I heard phantom noice of the suitcase being taken away I failed to hear the state troupers pull up. Tara explained how we just couldn't drive anymore and they were more than happy to let us stay there. They had actually stopped to let us know it was raining. LOL. Because of the oncoming rain we moved the truck under the canopy of the gas bar and repositioned ourselves. We ALL were on the matrice this time and let me tell you it was one of the most comfortable sleeps of my life! We woke up to the hum of the gas bar and the stares of the gas clerks. Looking as nasty as we did...and the fact that we were sleeping at a gas station must have been an odd sight...haha.

I hope this blog finds you all well.
Peace and Love,
Sperin

4 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Erin

    We just got back from a holiday down in North Carolina so I read with interest your sleeping on the side of the road story (we crashed at some nasty roadside REST area going through Washington - kind of made my skin crawl!!)

    I'm glad you are home and attempting to get some rest in (although it sounds pretty busy) I am really looking forward to seeing you at camp and just listening to you talk

    I think the camp session will be a bit smaller this year with maybe 50 kids or so - this is good news - it will make for a far more relaxing and intimate week

    I hope you have a great trip Erin
    Love from our gang

    Brian C

     
  • At 9:30 PM , Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~ said...

    Hey Erin
    I love it...sweetness i tell ya sleeping in the back of the open flatbed hehehe. Well done!! Keep up the comments i'll try to keep up reading them...i miss road trips.
    hugs to both

    and to brian i haven't gotten an email yet???? ;)

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger Asylum said...

    woah...you've really been slackin off :|. Get on top of things would ya! PFT.

     
  • At 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home