JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Friday, November 18, 2005

Waterlooya


My wonderful friend Melissa and I headed down to Waterloo last weekend for a wedding reception for Serge and Jen(who was with me in Rwanda).
The trip was wonderful, many thanks to the fantabulous Melissa. We did start off however in a HORRIFIC snowstorm, driving by one car in a rock cut. In fact I think I drove about 60km/hr somewhat slower than I am used to. Thankfully Melissa was screaming " 2 Chevrons 2 Chevrons" into my ear so I kept a safe distance.

We stopped in the Tim Horton in Nobel and I saw about 10 people I knew...didn't know them well but I knew them. Then whilst in the middle of a conversation about how Tim Horton's is the hotspot for knowing people my friend from high school Brent Fryia came in. I jumped up and gave him a hug...he's all growed up now and is teaching in the Sault.


We set out again and played many games of 20 questions and Kill, Kiss, Marry (and variations). The downpoint of the trip was driving by the copious (word of the week) amounts of transport between TO and Waterloo, it was actually sickening. Poor Melissa squilled in horror.

Finally arriving at Brian's we relaxing and watched Madagascar...and yes Bri it was a good movie.
The next morning we arose at around 10. Tori helped us with Breakfast and we got ready to head out for the day.
For lunch we hit up an AWESOME Resturant then headed to Lins...something where the reception was. Somehow we managed to arrive I really don't know how but it was good times trying to naviagate. But you get quality when you have 2 quality people in Cort. (the car)

Melissa's highlight was seeing the horse and buggies. Her first time, so she squilled with excitement.

The receptiong was great. It was awesome to see Jen and Serge as well as Lindsay, and the WMB Team (Tillie, Marvin, Jane, Cathy, Andrea and Josh) I also got to catch up with a lot of the IT staff, and finally met Tara. (An 2 months intern for Jen in Rwanda)

We headed back to Carneys for some relaxation time. We were chill'n with Brian having a great time when he excused himself to the washroom...he never came back but did send his wee messenger Tori with a note saying he'd gone to bed.

Melissa and I soon hit the sack and woke up to Keish in the morning. We packed up and headed home, but not after some football and trying out the scooter. Fun stuff.

The ride home was fairly uneventful. Good times and Laughes with the Melissa.
I want to thank Melissa for a great weekend and for driving with me. Also a big thanks to the Carney'sfor letting us stay, but mainly for raising their children to be wonderful hosts and hostess;)

Anyways I meant to write this a while ago so I have forgotten funny stuff but take what you can get.
Loveth
Erin
(Lindsay, moi, Serge, Jen, Tara)