JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

DA DA DA DUM

Yes Heidi I do have something to share.

Many of you may already know this but I will confirm the rumours. Jason and I are engaged!!! And yes ladies the ring is GORGEOUS!!! (it's getting sized at the moment so I don't have it)
You all wanna hear the story I'm sure..well the girls do so here goes...

After coming home from a baseball, we stopped on the beach in Thessalon to take a walk along the water. I had suggested it'd be a nice night for it, since the sun was coming down. I played right into Jason's hand as that was what he had planned all along. We came back to the car and Jason said "I've got a little present for you". Since he normally brings me gum and it's a favourite of mine I piped up "ooo is it gum" He dug in his bag and turned around holding a ring box. I was stunned, I don't I took a breath for like a minute. The dictionary definition for stunned is:
"To daze or render senseless, by or as if by a blow.
To overwhelm or daze with a loud noise.
To stupefy, as with the emotional impact of an experience; astound."
That pretty well sums up what I was like.
He got down on one knee and said some really beautiful things...which I can't remember because I was still stunned. I do remember doing a laughing cry though. After he said his speach he said he was going to pray. That just blew me away because he prayed for God to help him love me the best way he could, amoung other things.
He then stood up and gave me the box...to which I said "You never asked" and he was like "Oh yeah! Will you marry me" and my answer was written all over my face "YES!!!"
It was a beautiful proposal.

The ring...ladies don't pretend you don't wanna know. It's BEAUTIFUL. White gold band with a single .33 karat diamond that glimmers in the dark it's so shiney! I could not have pick out a better ring. It is perfect. Unfortunately it's getting sized right now so I can't wear it.

So we are just starting to make wedding plans and all that kinda fun stuff. We have a wedding website but nothing is on it yet so I will let you know when we have more things booked.

So yeah that's my awesome, exciting news. God has given us the green light and we are going!

Many Blessings
Love Jason and Erin

16 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM , Anonymous Sue said...

    YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY ERIN!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND JASON !!! This is so fantastic, you so deserve to have the happiest day ever, and I know you'll have a blast planning everything! I'm alone in the lab right now so I don't have anyone to get excited with so I'll just jump up and down on my own! Or I think I may cry after reading your description of how it happened, so wonderful! Congratulations from me to you with all my heart! Love Sue :)

     
  • At 10:44 AM , Blogger  said...

    Yayyyyy :) . aweee erin i am SOOO happy for you. i remember way back when (cough cough, a few months agoo) in bible study when you were tellin all us girls about this new boyyy. and now your engaged ! eek . thats sooo exciting :D ! you are such an amazing and beautiful girl and deserve such an awsome guy and you definatly picked a good one. ps. the proposal was so cuute !haha. ive been missing you lots since you havent been here :(. but i was SOO happy you came down for me and britts baptism :), it ment lotss ! well love you to pieces, hopefully i will talk to you soon !

    Love, Alyssa :)

    p.S -check out my blog : misslyss-xo.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger chrisssssy said...

    ahh congradulations!!!:D ahh its so exciting lol. I am SOO happy for you. This is so exciting.. and it turns out hes not a liar (refering to the questions we were asking him on our way to spring folly lol) wow. that is so awesome though. Now 2 very important girls in my life are brides to be haha. : ) yay. well anyways congradulations! ha and you said it would never happen ;) I'll talk to ya soon

    Love you a tunn
    Chrissy

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~ said...

    ahhh erin..thats super awsome!!! I was stunned to hear about it too heheh...but I am totally excited for you...maybe even little jealous ;) hehehe...So am i going to get to go to the wedding?? christmas?? summer? or i will definatley need to be sent pictures!!!neways contrats!! can't wait to meet this fellow...hopefully i get to...i have still yet to me the mystery cody;)

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Kristin, Katrina & Nate said...

    Congratulations Erin!!

    That is a beautiful engagement story and you guys are a beautiful couple. I couldn't be happier for you both!

    love, katrina

     
  • At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Jes said...

    HOLY CRAPOLA

    Erin I'm SOOO happy for you! I just know that you're going to have the best wedding ever and have such a blast! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

    PS Who is Jason :)

    hehe

     
  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Ok, so that's big news... Hmm, I'm down in London right now for my sis's wedding, and all I'm hearing about is....WEDDINGS! Aww Erin I am SOO happy for you. I also have some fond memories of our smallgroups girl talk about marriage, and also some from the sleepover... like the dock one... lol Anyways, I just want you to know that I am so proud of you and I know you too will have a great future together. Blessings await!

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Janet Nicholson said...

    Wow, Erin! that's awesome!!! I'm so happy for you! Etc Etc... what everyone else said!!

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Blogger Meggan said...

    wh00t! I knew about this awhile back but didn't know your blogging site. AWESOME STUFF. He's a lucky man ;) hahaha.

    Well you know how you always said "no one is allowed to get married before me"... You know what this means hahahaha.

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger Asylum said...

    So...my question is, did you end up getting any gum?? :D

    Wuwhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Let the planning begin!

    Great great great!

     
  • At 6:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    erin!
    Jeepers! I am so excited for you! congratualations on officially graduating from the singles club and moving on out! Jason seems like a great guy and I'm sure you two will be very happy together. I can't wait to hear all the wedding details... be sure to post them on your blog! Congrats and 3 cheers!
    Luv Mel
    PS- Lol-This past weekend your friend Heidi came to visit a friend of mine at Medeba (the camp that I am working at this summer). Random connections in this small world.

     
  • At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Excellent, love it!
    » » »

     
  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger Carmen Belair said...

    ERIN!! I found a link to your blog through Mark Smith and decided to come check it out!! CONGRATS GIRL!! I'm so excited for you :)!! we'll have to keep in touch next year... as for me I'm off to Tanz in 8 days for 10 months :) email me cbelair@gmail.com God Bless

     
  • At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Danielle O said...

    OH my goodness. I'm so happy for you, you guys look wonderful together. Keep us posted on coming events....

     
  • At 3:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

     
  • At 3:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home