JASON & ERIN STEWART

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

BUSTED!!!

Well Julie you called me on it and I am woman enough to owe up. Yes I reposted pictures in hopes of holding off on the blogging. My apologies. My excuse, not that you'll buy it, is that I have been busy with post-wedding stuff. I am STILL writing thank you cards for all of the awesome and generous people who supported Jason and I.

The verdict on married life thus far...AWESOME!!! Way better than I anticipated. Each day I appreciate more and more the man that Jason is. I got myself the best one. (other married women may disagree with this but to avoid arguement I will say that I got the best one for me). The other day Jason and I were talking about what the best thing about being married is. We came up with a few. But lets get the readers involved. Married or unmarried what do you think the best part of being married is (or would be)?

Ok, for those of you who weren't at the wedding I will try my best to fill you in on details. The day started with myself and the girls, Vanessa, Melissa and Angie going to get our hair done. The guys were in Thessalon doing some target practice.
I alway wondered what went through a brides mind the day before and the day of the wedding.
I remember that I was anxious. Not nervous or scared but just ready to marry Jason. It was as if time was going backwards. I kept checking the clock to see how we were doing. Everything went so smoothly and we were back in Thessalon with PLENTY of time before the wedding.
The hardest part of the whole day was the waiting. I was just so eager to get married.

If I had asked everyone before the wedding day if I would be crying during the wedding, I bet 90% of answer would be something like "are you kidding! Of course!" and to be honest that would have been my answer. The truth is I didn't cry! Seriously not a tear! I came close during Kelly's song and when I walked down the aisle cause I was looking at Jason who did tear up. The only time I cried was when I was attemping to say my thank yous at the end of the night, and during the father/daughter dannce. I mean I don't want to brag but I was impressed with myself.

So the wedding itself was a beautiful ceremony, short and sweet, traditional and lovely. Kelly sang a beautiful song (When God Made You - Newsong) and my sisters sang another beautiful song as well (Home - Chantal Kreviazuk).

It rained the day of the wedding, so we headed to the Tulloch's to take pictures. They have a gorgeous house and we got some great pictures. We even ventured outside to get some shots. It was FREEZING! But our bridesmaids and groomsmen were good sports and stood out in the cold for us.

On a side note I just want to say that I had the best bridesmaids in the world.
Angie is someone I have looked up to for a long time. Angie is someone whose love for Christ is so transparent. We have had some amazingly fun times travelling across the country. We have stayed up wait to late, way to many times, having some amzing conversations.
Melissa combined with me creates a totally awesome and fun time. Melissa is a unique person, unlike anyone I have every met. She has the ability to have fun in any situation. She also has one of the most compassionate hearts I've ever seen. One memory that sticks out in my mind, is watching the Keith Green DVD with Melis and both of us clinging to our seats and our kleenex.
Vanessa is my best friend, who as she put it has been inseperable from me since I came to sudbury. We have spent so much time together that it's hard to pick which story is the best. I do recall one of our sleep over - single bed partys where scooter the cat tried to bust down the door with her head, or perhaps the time we were playing games and I had to get her to say Nadia Commanci...haha (yes I realize Vanessa and I are the only ones who get that joke). We have had so many fun times. We've had so many great conversations. We've had many tears and hugs. I trust Vanessa and I love having her to confide in. She has been a rock in my life and I am better for knowing her. She could blackmail me with the information she's got on me, but she uses that information to build me up. I sometimes think we were twins seperated at birth(yes we're 2 years apart).
All these girls mean so much to mean and I am a better person because of the influence they have each been in my life.

Ok back to the wedding. The reception was sports themed, with each table decorated in a particular sport.
We started by entering the hall through a archway of hockey sticks then we busted through a banner (like in football games). Our guests enjoyed Mrs. B's pizza, wings, nachos and cheese, salsa, veggie trays, and great cake.

Jonathan Stewart, Jason's cousin and the best man, made a great speach, that was funny and touching. The girls had the funniest speach, yes comparing Jason to Elvis Stojko, 'uncanny resemblence'. My sisters wrote a song, our parents gave short sweet speaches and we thanked the people mainly involved. I feel though that we couldn't have thanked people enough.

That was pretty much the wedding day. I had a fantastic time. But I am curious to know what those who attended thought. Please tell us what you liked or even disliked about our wedding.

Alright I need to get back to work on the thank you cards. I hope this makes up for my lack of blogging.
Enjoy, Love
Erin

10 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That more than made up for the lack of blogging- very impressed. I hear you on the thank-you notes. It is a never-ending process (not to be discouraging or anything!). Um, my fave part of being married? Well, I think my card says it all (I vote you post it for everyone to share!!!!). But, personally, the best part of marriage is knowing that your best friend will always be invited to the places you want to go. Husbands are highly portable and extremely useful on outings. Love, Julie

     
  • At 8:16 AM , Blogger Madibelle said...

    thanks for much for that blog.. it made me feel like we were right there.. even though we have never met Jason we can tell just by the pics and the stories about him that he and you are going to be so happy together.. we are so happy for you and totally agree that being married is great. My favourite part is not having to say goodbye.. no more long distance ( david and i were apart for a lot of our relationship) and we don't have to do that anymore!!
    love anne mobach

     
  • At 8:24 AM , Anonymous Theresa said...

    My favourite part of being married is having someone to converse with over dinner...oh wait a sec! I'm not married. My bad!

     
  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

    Erin... my favourite part of being married is... not being married! hahaha... Ok, so it was good to hear from you on the blog and find out how you are doing. I was really suprised to hear that you found being married BETTER than you thought it would be-- it's so encouraging to hear that when usually people who have been married for a while say it is not all it's cracked up to be. Thanks, sister. Now I have something to look forward to ;)

    Love Marge

    PS I loved the ceremony--I think my favourite part was the setup... the rose petals, the litte archway thing with christmas lights... definitely the kind of cozy feel I want at my wedding. Oh, and my other favourite part was you walking to Pachelbel's Canon. That's the song I want too! And my other favourite part was the rehearsal... it was fun seeing you all excited pre-wedding. And my other favourite part was staying at the Stewarts, and finding out that the guys got ready half an hour before we were supposed to be there. Hahahahah... I guess, what else were they going to do? It was just funny because it was like until 1:00 that afternoon you wouldn't be able to tell there was going to be a wedding that day.

    PPS. I have you a post-wedding gift: I will change your name on the 832 blog (www.eightthirtytwo.blogspot.com) form Erin Nisbett to Erin STEWART!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Kristin, Katrina & Nate said...

    "I was really suprised to hear that you found being married BETTER than you thought it would be-- it's so encouraging to hear that when usually people who have been married for a while say it is not all it's cracked up to be."

    Well Margaret, I don't know if I'd classify being married for 17 days as "a while"...give her a little time before she says it's not all it's cracked up to be. ;o) Joking.

    My favourite part of married is...hmm...let me get back to you...


    Once again...joking. My favourite part of marriage is having someone you totally trust, that is always on your side. (I mean...in most instances...pretty much always.;o)

    Congrats again Erin, on a beautiful day and the joyful times set before you! love, katrina

     
  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

    hahaha, i know... newlyweds, you can't take anything they say seriously lol

    no, but it really is encouraging

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Asylum said...

    I'm not prepared to comment yet - yes I'm wiping a tear away from my eye as I type.

    Erin, you are the best bride a bridesmaid could ever have! True story - I love you!

    Anywhooo...I think the best thing about being married WOULD be having a personal masseur :D ... assuming my husband will have hands (God willing).

     
  • At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ERIN!
    i am a brutal blog reader and comment leaver...but here she be! i dont know exactly what to write, i thought the wedding was beautiful and concur with melissa...you are the best bride a bridesmaid could ask for! :) anywhoo...the best thing about being married is having a sugah daddy! hahaha..
    love you tons and tons!!!

    nadia

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Anonymous amy said...

    Its me! anywho, marriage, the good part about it...hmmm, i'll let you know when that happens. Your wedding sounds like it was amazing, to bad i wasn't there. You can just come visit me in Moose Jaw then. miss you tons!
    ~amy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home